What it takes to be a HEAL Community
- A community vision to create healthy environments in places where people live, learn, work, and play.
- An understanding of community needs related to improving healthy eating and active living environments.
- Community partnership comprised of leaders and champions working together to effect change.
What does it mean to be a member of the HEAL NH Community Network?
As a member, your coalition/partnership will be part of a unique network of teams in NH who are working on making healthy eating and active lifestyles the easier choice. Some of the opportunities your team will have as a member:
- Networking opportunities with other HEAL NH Community Network members.
- The depth and breadth of experience that our network members have implementing this work with HEAL since 2009 (and beyond).
- Technical assistance opportunities from the HEAL NH staff to help you get started, trouble shoot, or identify effective strategies for your community.
- Communications assistance using both social media as well as traditional media sources.
- Participation in our quarterly meetings. We meet quarterly and network, hear presentations from experts in the active living and healthy food access fields, and receive updates on exciting opportunities, events and resources.
- Your own highlighted section on our community page including information submitted in the form below and a photo gallery.
How do I get started?
To get started, fill out the form below. Please note that the information on this form will be used to:
- Post your coalition/partnership information on our website
- Add your coalition/partnership contact information to our mailing list
Contact us if you have any questions or would prefer this application as a word doc.
Did you check "No" to the last question? Check out the 2014-2019 Healthy People Healthy Places Plan here. You may also want to see our Healthy People Healthy Places Community Planning Guide to see how your goals and strategies align!